Friday, March 20, 2009

More waiting.

Well, we still don't know. Not knowing is not one of my strong spiritual gifts! The committee couldn't decide today-they need more information (no, I don't know what!). They will meet again on Monday, and make a decision then. It could be a positive-after the first committee meeting, we're still in the running! It could be negative-after the committee meeting, we didn't stand out as the obvious choice of a family!
And, I was so peaceful ALL DAY LONG! I was so patient ALL DAY LONG! But, my patience was supposed to be done at about 5:00 p.m! And, now it somehow has to last for 3 whole more days-I'm not sure if I have it.
I've been thinking since we found this out-what in the world could we possibly learn from this whole experience???? I sure hope we find out!
One thing that's crossed my mind so far is this: we have been kind of using a verse from Habakkuk (Thanks, Cindy!) as the theme, I guess you could say, for our adoption journey. Habakkuk 2:3 says: "But, these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems, SLOW, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day." So, I'm wondering-is God asking us if we really believe this? Is it something we're just using to make us FEEL better as we wait... OR do we REALLY believe it? Are we willing to put our whole life on those words of HIS?
I hope we do!

No comments: