Thursday, October 2, 2008

We're official!!!

After 10 years of waiting, we are excited to say that we are official! We've officially been accepted into the Ethiopia program! Yes, we are only about 1% finished with the process, but you have to start somewhere! (We are also thinking about the Korea Waiting Child program, but for our agency's purposes, we're headed for Ethiopia!)

When Matt let me know we got the official word that our application was OK'd, I was overwhelmed for a little while. It seems like for so long we've been "pretending" that we were going to do this-for someone to tell us we really can somehow makes a huge difference. For the first time in about 7 years, I though, "Oh my goodness, I'm going to be a new mom!!!" Yay!

Hopefully, this will be just a little place to record our thoughts, the progress-however slow (hopefully not!) or fast (hopefully so!) it may be. Don't check back every day-I can guarantee it won't be updated that frequently!

My hope is that, through this process, God will teach me patience and trust in Him! My hope is that our whole family will be drawn closer to Him and to each other. My hope is that through this blog and seeing this process, others around us will become more involved in caring for the fatherless of this world. My hope is that when this process is over, we will have a new family member-but, more importantly, a child (maybe even one in the world this very day) will have a family to love and cherish them.

We'll keep you posted! Please be praying for us!

"But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient. For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day." -Habakkuk 2:3

2 comments:

Cindy M said...

One of my FAVORITE verses of late! I'm so glad you started a blog, and you will be, too! Not only will it be good to revisit your thoughts, you will be a testimony to others that come after you! And, though I'm sure you've heard it before, it's true...once that little life is placed in your arms, you will realize infinite, indescribable blessings...it IS a great thing to care for the fatherless...it is a far greater thing to be blessed by it...

Your family will be in our prayers...can't wait to follow your journey in faith!

MattDanTodd said...

Are we going public with this blog yet? I keep forgetting to ask you, so I figured I'd just add a comment. :0)